Math 241 Section A: Midterm the second
- Tuesday, October 23 from 6:45–8:00pm. The exam
itself starts at 7:00, but please be there at 6:45 to
Location depends on your discussion section. If
your TA is Luka Zwaan or Daniel Carmody, note the new location.
- 100 Material Science Engineering Building.
Go to 100 MSEB if your discussion section is
- ADC: 10am in 447 Altgeld with Luka Zwaan
- ADD: 11am in 145 Altgeld with Luka Zwaan
- ADE: noon in 136 Davenport with Daniel Carmody
- ADF: 1pm in 313 Gregory with Daniel Carmody
- 151 Loomis. Go
to 151 Loomis if your discussion section is any of:
- AD1: 11am in 173 Altgeld with Derrek Yager
- ADO: 1pm in 343 Altgeld with Sungwoo Nam
- ADG: 2pm in 343 Altgeld with Sungwoo Nam
- 2079 Natural History Building:
Go to 2079 NHB if your discussion section is any of:
- AD3: 3pm in 159 Altgeld with Stefan
- ADM: 11am in 106B Eng Hall with Maria Siskaki
- ADN: noon in 260 Mech Eng with Maria Siskaki
- ADH: 3pm in 141 Altgeld with Zhixing Guo
- ADI: 4pm in 443 Altgeld with Zhixing Guo
- 314 Altgeld:
Go to our regular classroom if your discussion
section is any of:
- AD2: 9am in 14 Illini with Elizabeth Field
- ADA: 8am in 145 Altgeld with Brannon Basilio
- ADB: 9am in 243 Altgeld with Brannon Basilio
- ADK: 9am in 313 Gregory with Lina Li
- ADL: 10am in 217 Gregory with Lina Li
- The test is closed book and closed notes.
- No calculators, cell phones, iPods, or other
electronic devices. The time will be posted.
Special tutoring, office hour, and class schedule for October 22–26:
- Office hours: Monday from 2:30–4:00pm, Tuesday
from 8:30–10:30am in 378 Altgeld Hall. No office
hours Thursday or Friday.
- Tutoring Monday from 4-8pm, Tuesday 4-6pm, and Thursday
4-8pm, in 141 Altgeld Hall. No tutoring on Wednesday.
- Class on Monday and Friday as usual, but no class on
- Covers Sections 14.6–14.8, 13.1, 13.2 (through Example 4),
13.3 (through Example 2), 13.4 (through Example 2), and 16.1–16.3.
Problems will very be similar to those on the HW and
discussion worksheets. Some will be straight computations,
others will be conceptual short answer questions, and others
multiple choice or true/false questions. Taken collectively,
the HW should be viewed as constituting a study guide for
Here are some of old exams, with solutions.
If you have a conflict with the exam time, please consult the
university policy on
evening midterm exams. Based on that, if you think your
situation qualifies you to take the conflict exam, please
fill out this webform
at least one week before the exam
date. The conflict exam will be held Wednesday, October
24 from 7:45–8:55am in 314 Altgeld (note that is in the
morning, not the evening).