Math 241 Section A: Midterm the Third
- Tuesday, November 15 from 7:45–9:00pm. The exam
itself starts at 8:00, but please be there at 7:45 to
Where: Location depends on your discussion section, and is the same as for the other two midterms.
- Architecture 120:
- AD1: 11am in 173 AH with Stefan Klajbor Goderich.
- ADO: 1pm in 303 English with Matthew Ellis
- Altgeld 314:
- AD2: 9am in 14 Illini with Nima Rasekh
- ADC: 10am in 343 AH with Bill Karr
- ADD: 11am in 445 AH with Bill Karr
- ADK: 9am in 169 Davenport with Stacey Butler
- ADL: 10am in G30 Foreign Lang with Stacey Butler
- Lincoln Hall Main Theater:
- AD3: 3pm in 159 AH with Hannah Burson
- ADA: 8am in 145 AH with Tim Ferguson
- ADB: 9am in 243 AH with Tim Ferguson
- ADE: noon in 222 DKH with Albert Tamazyan
- ADF: 1pm in 325 DKH with Albert Tamazyan
- ADG: 2pm in 343 AH with Malik Obeidin
- ADH: 3pm in 141 AH with Malik Obeidin
- ADI: 4pm in 147 AH with Hee Yeon Kim
- ADM: 11am in 143 AH with Li Gao
- ADN: noon in 445 AH with Hee Yeon Kim
- The test is closed book and closed notes.
- No calculators, cell phones, iPods, or other
electronic devices. The time will be posted.
Special tutoring, office hour, and class schedule Nov 14–18:
- Office hours: Monday from 2:30–4:00pm, Tuesday
from 8:30–10:30am in 378 Altgeld Hall. No office
hours Thursday or Friday.
- Tutoring Monday from 4-8pm, Tuesday 4-6pm, and Thursday
4-8pm, in 343/345 Altgeld Hall. No tutoring on Wednesday.
- Class on Monday and Wednesday as usual, but no class on
- Covers Chapter 15 (Section 15.6 was not covered
explicitly but is a subset of Section 16.6) and Sections
16.4, 16.6, and 16.7 through page 1114.
Problems will very be similar to those on the HW and
discussion worksheets. Some will be straight computations,
others will be conceptual short answer questions, and others
multiple choice or true/false questions. Taken collectively,
the HW should be viewed as constituting a study guide for
Here are some of old exams, with solutions. The 2013 and 2014
exams were written by other instructors, so the older ones
may be a little closer to what you'll get. Still, they are all good practice.
If you have a conflict with the exam time, please consult the
university policy on
evening midterm exams. Based on that, if you think your
situation qualifies you to take the conflict exam, please
fill out this webform at least one week before the exam
date. The conflict exam will be
held Wednesday, Nov 16 from 7:45–8:55am in 100 MSEB
(the Materials Science and Engineering Building).